Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Free Online Life Coaching Course

I got a lot out of Eckhart Tolle's book, The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment - especially how it relates to the way we "create" pain and stress as a result of stories we tell ourselves - re-playing painful past memories and visualising future fears and worries. When we come into "the now", and focus purely on "what is", right in this moment, and ask ourselves if we have any problem, the answer is most often no - there is no problem right now.

I found this free online course - looks like a great line-up of lecturers, including Bill Harris, Ken Wilbur and Byron Katie, amongst others. I've signed up - join me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cath

Myself, I found lots of great online resources from http://www.peaksports.com/ - Dr. Patrick Cohen.

He's fantastic in his field - sports physchology.

Nice post.

Anonymous said...

Stunning book. You must also read "A New Earth!"

Cath Duncan said...

I agree, Emil. I have "A New Earth" next to my bed - one of the many I plan to get through in the near future! Looking forward to it!

Louis - thanks for the sports psychology link. Looks like some interesting stuff!

Leo said...

Hi Cath,

This is Leo Babauta from Zen Habits ... I tried to respond to your email but it was bounced back because your acct was full. :)

Email me at leo.babauta@gmail.com with a way to contact you. Thanks!

Leo